John 10:9-11 Jesus states, "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."
Made Alive in Christ
Ephesians 2:1-9 Paul says, "And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is a gift from God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."
Titus 3:4-7 Paul states, "But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."
1) a life separate from God- Jesus is the only way to the Father. John 14:6 Jesus says, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."
2) sin and death- Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus" Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:14 "For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace."
3) guilt, shame, condemnation- Romans 8:1 "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus." For the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death."
4) slavery to the Law- Galatians 4:5 "so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.
Galatians 4:7 "Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God."
6) judgment- All of God's wrath was poured out onto Jesus. We have already been judged on the cross. The New Testament speaks about judgment only to those that do not believe. In Christ, we stand before God as righteous and holy saints. 1 Cor. 1:30 " But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption."
We were all saved on the cross. Jesus is the Savior of ALL mankind (1 Timothy 4:10). It is the realization of this truth-the awakening-that manifests the life of Christ already in us. See also blog called Jesus Saved ALL.